Today, I want to talk about Wheatgrass juice and why I started drinking it. I started drinking Wheatgrass about a month or two ago. After one of my yoga classes, I saw that they had some pamphlets about wheatgrass, so I grabbed one, read it, and decided to try out a shot of this miracle drink from their raw bar. Now, I juice it myself and take a shot almost every day.
So here are some of the benefits of drinking Wheatgrass juice that were listed in the pamphlet that I picked up (I shortened the list because a lot of the stuff was redundant) :
- Wheatgrass juice is 70% Chlorophyll. Chloropphyll is the first product of light and therefore contains more light energy than any other element.
- Wheatgrass juice is a crude Chlorophyll and can be taken orally or as a colon implant without toxic side effects…I’m all set with the colon implant though.
- Wheatgrass is high in oxygen like all green plants that contain chlorophyll. The brain and all body tissue functions at an optimal level in a highly oxygenated environment.
- Chlorophyll is an anti-bacterial and can be used inside and outside the body as a healer. Science has proven that Chlorophyll arrests growth and development of unfriendly bacteria.
- Wheatgrass rebuilds the bloodstream. Studies of various animals have shown Chlorophyll to be free of toxic reaction. The red blood cell count was returned to normal within 4-5 days of the administration of Chlorophyll, even in those animals which were known to be extremely anemic.
- Wheatgrass is superior because it has been found to have over 100 elements needed by man if grown in organic soil, it absorbs 92 of the known 102 minerals from soil.
- Liquid Chlorophyll washes drug deposits from the body.
- Chlorophyll neutralizes toxins in the body.
- Chlorophyll helps to purify the liver…for all my party animals out there.
- Chlorophyll improves blood sugar problems.
- Wheatgrass cures acne and even removes scars after it has been ingested for 7-8 months. The diet must of course be improved at the same time.
- Wheatgrass juice acts as a detergent in the body and is used as a body deodorant…I don’t even know what this means.
- Wheatgrass juice keeps the hair from graying.
- A small amount of Wheatgrass juice in the human diet prevents tooth decay…so does brushing your teeth though.
- Wheatgrass juice held in the mouth for 5 minutes will eliminate toothaches. It pulls poisons from the gums.
- If gargled, it can help with sore throats.
- Drink Wheatgrass juice for skin problems such as eczema or psoriasis…this was the one that caught my eye and I will explain why in a minute.
- Wheatgrass juice improves digestion.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for blood disorders of all kinds.
- Wheatgrass juice is high in enzymes
- Wheatgrass juice is an excellent cleanser and can be absorbed through the skin for nutrition.
- Wheatgrass juice is great for constipation and keeping the bowel open. It is high in magnesium.
- Wheatgrass juice can dissolve scars that are formed in the lungs from breathing acid gasses. The effect of carbon monoxide is minimized since Chlorophyll increases hemoglobin production.
- Wheatgrass juice reduces high blood pressure and enhances the capillaries.
- Wheatgrass juice can remove heavy metals from the body.
Now can you tell me that after reading this list, that you don’t want to go and drink a gallon of Wheatgrass juice? I couldn’t resist the urge either. In the middle of typing up this list, I went and poured myself a full glass of juice.
So I’m sure you guys now understand why I had to try out this miracle Wheatgrass thing that I had never tried before. It sounds like the answer to everything that is wrong in the world. The one thing on the list that drew me in was the cure to skin problems. I have extremely sensitive skin, and around the same time that I was learning about wheatgrass, my dermatologists were trying to figure out what was wrong with me. About 2 months ago, they figured out that I have a very rare Autoimmune disorder called Wells Syndrome. In autoimmune disorders, the body’s immune system attacks and destroys healthy tissue believing that it is unhealthy tissue. There are many types of autoimmune disorders. One of the most common types is Multipe Sclerosis, and there is no cure for any of the autoimmune disorders. I happen to have one of the newest and rarest ones, which is why the doctors could not figure it out right away. So every month for the past 3 months, I’ve been having an attack, as I like to call it, that lasts about a week. If I ever forget to take an allergy pill at night, or am under a lot of stress, I wake up with a part of my skin really swollen and painful and itchy, and it lasts about a week like I said. I also want to note that autoimmune disorders are not contagious.
I was having one of these attacks on my hand when I decided to try out wheatgrass. I put the actual juiced wheatgrass on my hand and the itching literally stopped right away. I was such a relief! It definitely has not cured me, but I like to believe that it does my body some good. My attacks have not been as bad and inflammed as it was the first time, but that could also be due to my medication and allergy pills. Whether the wheatgrass juice is actually helping or not is hard to say, but I will continue juicing this seemingly miracle juice from the gods.
I will do a separate post about how I juice my own wheatgrass and the different ways of doing it. Also, I would like to know if any of you loves have tried out Wheatgrass juice before. If so, what did you think of it, do you think it’s a gimmick? If not, did this post make you want to try it out? Talk to you all soon.
Love always, Weezybaby!