Hello lovelies, I’m back today for a review on the Covergirl TruMagic Skin Perfector Mattifier, so let’s get right into it!
- This is in the shade 100, which is the translucent shade.
- It’s a soft balm type product that you apply with the sponge applicator that it comes with.
- It retails for $9.59 at Target, where I bought it.
- Won’t clog pores
- Dermatologically tested
- Controls shine
- Instant matte perfection in an innovative clear balm
- Wear alone, under, or over makeup for a soft, smooth finish.
- Apply throughout the day for quick touch-ups, just like a pressed powder.
So the first time I tried this product, I used the sponge to apply it as a primer. It felt very smooth and silicony and slippery, and it instantly looked so oily and shiny. Just an FYI, I have sensitive/combination/oily skin. So I finished up my makeup and set it with a powder, and even the powder that I always used couldn’t do anything to control the shine that this product gave me. It was AWFUL!! It felt heavy on my skin, and I had to keep blotting. I finally gave up and washed my makeup off and vowed to never use the product again.
Now fast forward to 2 days ago, I was testing out a new foundation. It had been a few hours since I had applied it and went to blot it, so I decided on a whim to use the balm to touch up and blot. I was not expecting it to work, because of how much it had sucked before, but IT WORKED!!! The balm took away the shine and mattified my skin and made it look so flawless. I was absolutely shocked. So I decided to try out the balm again yesterday as a primer, and it actually did what it said it would. It mattified my skin and diminished the appearance of my pores and lines. It felt light on my skin. It lasted all day, controlled my shine, and worked great as a blotter throughout the day
- I’m so happy I gave this product a second try. I don’t know why it sucked so much the first time I used it. Maybe I used too much and that’s why it felt so heavy and slick and shiny on my skin.
- So my advice is to not use too much when you apply it as a primer because a little goes a very long way.
- When you use it as a blotter, just blot like you would if you were using a paper, DO NOT swipe it because it will remove you makeup.
- The packaging is kind of bulky, and unfortunately does not come with a built-in mirror 😦
- After trying it again and seeing how great it worked, I would give this product a 3.7/5 (Almost Above Average) because it is so versatile and can be used as a primer and for touch ups.
I hope this was helpful! Let me know if you have tried this product, and what your experience is with it.
Until next time ❤
Love always, Weezybaby!