I hope that you’re all well! Today’s swatch and review post is on the new limited-edition Tarte “Make Believe in Yourself” eye and cheek Palette.
ABOUT THE PALETTE
- Retails for $40 and is available for sale online on the Tarte, Ulta, and Sephora websites
- Kaleidoscopic packaging and design
- Unicorn inspired eyeshadow colors
- 10 eyeshadows and 1 eye and cheek strobing highlighter
- Myth (matte mauve nude)…the only matte in the palette
- Magic (bronze shimmer)
- Wings (copper shimmer)
- Marvel (metallic sage)
- Trance (shimmery taupe slate)
- Fairy (metallic lavender)
- Mystic (shimmery blue pearl)
- Dream (turquoise shimmer)
- Crystal (shimmery iridescent champagne)
- Pixie (shimmery golden pink)
- Believe (pearl highlight)…the cheek highlighter
- Amazonian Clay
- Mineral Pigments
- Vanilla Extract
- Smells amazingly delicious
- Beautiful gold and sturdy packaging with mirror…I dropped it when I received it because that’s just the klutz I am, and nothing broke.
- Beautiful and reflective colors for spring and summer
- Different from all the natural palettes that are currently being launched
- Beautiful and opaque finger swatches
- Buildable colors
- Easy to blend
- Smooth texture with the exception of 4 shades
- Only 1 matte shade
- This matte shade is meant to be the transitions shade and I don’t think that this shade is an ideal transition shade for darker skin tones like mine.
- The highlight shade in a middle is a pearl white hightlight shade, which is not really a great highlight shade for medium to darker skin tones.
- The shadows don’t apply quite as opaque with a brush as they do with fingers. That being said though, they are still buildable.
- Magic, Wings, Marvel, and Trance are chunkier than the rest of the shadows, and also have a lot of glitter fallout. Because of this, I would recommend doing your eye makeup before doing the rest of your face.
- I don’t feel like you can create a full look with just the palette, especially if you have a darker skin tone because it is lacking a transition shade and another dark matte eye color.
I love the colors in this palette! It’s such a gorgeous palette with all the super reflective shimmer/metallic shades. I wish that the palette included a darker matte shade and a more universal hightlighter, but I understand that the pearl highlight goes more with the “unicorn” theme than a gold. I also wish that the texture was consistent throughout all the shadows. With all that being said, I love the overall palette and will continue to use it.
I hope that this post was helpful to anyone looking to purchase this palette! I will also have a review and live swatch youtube video as well as a tutorial going up soon on this palette, so make sure to subscribe to my channel to get a notification for that.
Don’t forget to let me know your thoughts in the comments, and also leave me any suggestions for future review + swatch post.
Have a great day guys!
Love always, Weezybaby!